Terms & Conditions of Sale
Terms and conditions of sale
- Tickets are sold for private use only and are not for resale for commercial gain by the holder. If we have reason to believe that tickets are being resold we may invalidate them and refuse entry to the performance or class.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission on account of health and safety, environmental or security concerns at our discretion and to make changes to the advertised programme owing to circumstances beyond our control.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The venue will not accept liability in the event of a ticket/s being lost or stolen. Lost tickets will only be reissued on presentation of proof of identification.
- Any errors made in the purchasing of tickets online must be referred to the Box Office within 48 hours. In line with the Data Protection Act, contact must be made by the purchaser.
- We regret that refunds may not be given for purchased tickets, except in the case of a cancelled performance or class. Ticket exchanges may be available for certain performances only, and the Box Office will advise of the conditions attached to such exchanges.
- Tickets purchased online may only be mailed to the purchaser. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that all details regarding the booking are correct, and that the Terms and Conditions of sale as published on our website are read and understood.
- If the event to which a ticket refers is rescheduled, the ticket will be valid for the rescheduled event.
- Right of admission is reserved.